Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Interview: Harper's Bazaar by Derek Blasberg

Residence: London
Favorite fashion designers: Valentino, Isabel Marant, Chanel, Céline, Chloé, Calvin Klein Collection, Zadig & Voltaire, Maje, Sandro, Burberry, Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci, Agnès B., Acne, J Brand, Charlotte Olympia, A.L.C., A.P.C., Alberta Ferretti, and People Tree.
Item of clothing you would never throw out: My old school satchel. It looks better the older it gets.
How would you define your personal style?: Jean Cocteau said, “Style is a very simple way of saying complicated things.”
What’s your own fashion trademark? If I get it right, a kind of drama whilst looking understated. If I get it right! 
Favorite accessory: Can I say lipstick? I don’t like to accessorize too much because I want people to see me first and my clothes second.
Favorite color: White or cream.
Favorite scent: Lancôme’s Trésor Midnight Rose. (I helped create it!) 
Let’s talk about your beauty routine. What’s your face wash?: Luzern Laboratories
Makeup?: Stila cream blush, Lancôme’s Teint Miracle, and Tarte LipSurgence pencils. Lancôme’s Hypnôse mascara is killer!
Where do you get your hair done?: I get my hair cut by Rodney Cutler at Cutler in New York City.Favorite architect: Antoni Gaudí 
Favorite destination: Kenya
Favorite discovery: The blueberry-ricotta pancakes at Little Dom’s in L.A. 
Favorite hotel: The Berkeley in London. It’s full of memories, and it’s so homey. I stayed there when I did the Harry Potter junkets. The spa is great, and they have the best spaghetti bolognese.
Favorite luggage: I prefer trunks because you can open them and see everything, and they act as a kind of drawer when I don’t have enough time to unpack. They also make me feel like I am going on an adventure.
Most memorable party: My first ever Paris Fashion Week (which is where I met you, Derek!). 
When you can’t think of something to give a friend, what do you give?: You can’t beat a great-smelling candle. 
Every lady has a vice. What’s yours?: Sugar. In any of its various forms.
Necessary extravagance: I have the heating on when I really shouldn’t. (I’m always cold!)
Favorite movies: GiantAmélie and Notting Hill, and each for completely different reasons.
Favorite artist: Tracey Emin 
Favorite cocktail: Gin and tonic
Handwritten thank-you note or immediate e-mail?: Handwritten note.
If you have personalized stationery, where do you get it from?: If I have the time, I like to make people cards. But otherwise Bubble Letters NYC and Letters Lubell. You send them a picture of something that inspires you and they custom make stationery on 100-percent-recycled paper.
The true hallmark of modern elegance is: When I figure this out, I’ll let you know!

                                                          Emma and Derek Blasberg 
Click HERE to check out Harper's Bazaar's Style Through The Years on Emma!

No comments:

Post a Comment