Saturday, June 9, 2012

Em's Q&A no. 3


Q: Are there any more fair trade collaborations on the horizon?


A: There has been a lot of speculation about my People Tree collections, with stories running that they 'Failed' or that I was unhappy. This was really strange because I felt the opposite of this. From the two collections I did with People Tree overall sales were £446,000 which was a huge surprise. The collections generated work for 400 farmers, artisans and tailors! For me though, the most important part of the collaboration was that I was able to raise the profile of fair trade fashion which I think I did succesfully. I visited Bangledesh to see the clothes being made and spoke with the factory workers first hand to understand what the real issues were so I would be able to talk about them in an informed and real way. In terms of other collaborations, I have decided I want to put all of my energy in to my acting carreer, but it was something I really enjoyed doing, learnt a lot from , and am glad I did. 




No comments:

Post a Comment